Well, I’m at the end of my staycation, which started on July 1. I must admit, it’s been one of the nicest staycations I’ve ever had! It was long enough to get some things done, relax, spend time with friends and George’s family, and even sleep in on occasion. There are still some things left on my to-do list, but I still have some time left in the day! I’m not going to worry about what didn’t get done. Soon it’ll be time to prioritize my to-do list before I start library school next month. (NEXT MONTH?!)
Some highlights of my vacation include (in no particular order):
1) Made a doctor’s appointment for a checkup
2) Finished a couple of books
3) Caught up on some blogging
4) George and I joined the nOg Run Club in Raleigh, and did our first run with the group Monday evening (this was our July 4th evening activity, where we saw several friends, to boot!)
5) Visited two different churches with George
6) Went to see the movie “Bridesmaids” (which wasn’t as good as I’d hoped, but it was a treat to go to a chick flick matinée. My favorite character was the one played by Melissa McCarthy–hysterical! It was Jill Clayburgh‘s last film–she died late last year.)
7) Ran/walked my longest distance (6 miles) of the training season to date yesterday morning, and had a post-run breakfast with friends
8) Enjoyed a post-run swim yesterday afternoon with George
9) Got my car’s oil changed, the annual inspection done, and new car tage sticker purchased.
I’m ready to go back to work tomorrow, but have really enjoyed this time to unwind! I have a few regrets of things that’ll be left undone, but not many. I’m ready to turn my focus on the new fiscal year at work and the school year ahead!