How have I integrated the things I’ve explored through the 23 Things for Continued Professional Development blog? It’s been good to glance back over my CPD23 posts and see that I’ve done since it started! I’ve appreciated the direction and structure for exploring different ideas, technologies, and websites.
Here are some of my thoughts on the learning/exploring process of CPD23 so far:
1) I’ve thought more about how librarianship meets social networking, and now follow more librarians on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn.
2) I renewed my ALA (American Library Association) membership and have gotten involved in the student chapter at my library school.
3) I follow more library/librarian/library student blogs, and try to leave comments more often. Some blogs I follow through Google Reader now, which is a fun way to cruise through items of interest.
4) I’m hooked on Evernote as a note organizer, and don’t know how I ever got along without it now!
5) I haven’t decided on a citation organizer, but I’m glad for the chance to be thinking about this now.