Some classmates and I have started talking about forming a study group, so I decided to google “What makes a good study group?” There are plenty of webpages and articles about the topic, so it’s been fun to read over them. Not surprisingly, there have been some common threads:
1) Keep the study group small, 4-6 people, ideally 5.
2) Find a neutral place to study with few distractions.
3) Don’t bring a lot of snack food, or your study session could turn into a party.
4) Find study group members who are similar to you, work ethic-wise, though people with different talents can add a lot to a group.
5) Meet regularly, and have a time limit to help the group stay focused.
What do you think of this advice? Have you ever been part of a successful study group? If so, what made it productive?